Wedding season is my favourite time of year! Each year it seems to come round quicker and quicker. All of your hard work of planning and organizing is finally coming together as your big day approaches. I have been working in the wedding industry for 5 years therefore I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly!
The number one thing I cannot express enough is to relax and not stress the small things! I know a lot of brides find it hard to sit down relax and enjoy the pampering, they feel as though they have forgotten something or need to be doing things. By this time your job is done! Your vendors will be professional in their expertise therefore they will take control of their areas and everything will come together.
Tips for the morning of your wedding day:
- Any last minute jobs that need doing don’t feel bad delegating jobs to your bridesmaids or family – they are there to help and take pressure off you.
- Hair and makeup trials would have been done before the day therefore your artists will know exactly what you want – don’t be afraid to speak up if you want anything changed, it usually isn’t a big deal.
- It is a good idea to have a timeline so that everyone in the bridal party knows when they are getting their hair and makeup done, when the flowers arrive, what time the photographer is arriving, and a time frame when everyone needs to be ready by.
- Allow 45min – 1hour for makeup and an hour for hair. Your hair and makeup artists will work together so that they do not need to work on 1 person at the same time.
- Wear the right clothing – you do not want any clothes that you need to take off over your head, a zip up jersey, onsies or dressing gowns are perfect to get ready in.
- Think about a good space to get ready in with good lighting for your photos. You will need to let your dress breath a few hours before – It is nice to have matching coat hangers for the wedding gown and bridesmaids dresses, these will be in your photos.
- When your flowers arrive ensure you have a cool area for them to sit, if it is a hot day have a spray bottle with cold water, spray often so that they stay fresh.
- Don’t worry about what the groom is doing – they have a lot less going on than the ladies so enjoy your morning getting ready.
- Most importantly put your feet up, relax and enjoy a champagne breaky with your family and bridesmaids.